Well here we are again. The sixth page of Renovation is done for real now, I hope it was worth the wait. This page was finished in my new studio fresh off of me moving in. It has been a busy week but I think I am starting to get settled.
Like I said before this decision to go black and white as well as sketchier was made to both save time and free up the process from traditional comics. If you want more detail on that notion see last week's blog post.
I like how this page ended up for the most part. Panels 4,5,6 I think worked out particularly well, though I liked them better before I put in the word balloons. A note for next week is to plan out where the words go better; I am still quite the novice when it comes to that. One other thing I am not happy with is panel 8. Quin's face sort of fell apart I thought. I couldn't decide how cartoony to go with the expression and so in the end I think the indecision shows. Also, maybe her head is too small. Oh well.
It has also come to my attention that drawing multiple figures is taking me significantly more time than when this thing was just Jeremy in a car. This fact is really obvious and I should have planned for this sooner but I think black and white will be a necessity from now on.
I said last week that I would also have a 3 panel strip. This turns out not to be the case. But don't fear, I do have something else for you to make up for it.
More details about this other project will be out soon. I am going to get a website up for it in fact; so you can look for that in a few weeks.
That is all for this week. Hope you all have had and are having a good long weekend.
-K


No comments:
Post a Comment